The first Frosh/Soph Open Dance of the year

Jesuit High School is hosting its first open dance of the year with the Freshman/Sophomore  dance this Saturday,Sept. 3rd from 7:15pm to 10:15pm.

The Frosh/Soph Open Dance is not only the first dance for Freshman at Jesuit, but signals the return for the class of 2019. Per usual the dance is open, meaning you don’t need a date or dress attire. The Executive Council, which is organizing the event, urges students to take advantage of that.

“Just try to be as outgoing as possible, meet some new people,” said Student Body President Brendan Jones ‘17.

The annual dance is key for interaction between students from Jesuit, St. Francis High School, Christian Brothers High School, and Cristo Rey High School.

For Freshman, this is one of the first opportunities they will have to talk to girls at a school coordinated event.  

“A big thing about the high school experience is to enjoy it; don’t try to be cool; jump feet in,” said the Jesuit Dean of Students Tim Kelly.

This year, the dance’s theme is neon.

“The theme is there for a reason,” Brendan said. “It makes it for fun for everyone if people dress according to the theme.”

According to Jesuit dance procedures, provocative dancing will be prohibited under any  circumstance.

Tickets are being sold outside of the Student Activities Center for ten dollars, and will be sold until 3pm on Friday September 2nd. They will not be sold at the doors of the dance.