Competing for the championship

Nicholas Carter, Sports Editor

This Saturday Nov. 8th the Jesuit High School Marauder football team will take on the Grant High School Pacers. A battle between the top two teams in the Delta League. Both teams have a record of 6-0 throughout league play, but Grant is 9-0 in all games played where as Jesuit is 8-1. The Marauders only loss was to the De La Salle Spartans.

Jesuit is coming off of hard fought win against the Monterey Trail Mustangs with the Marauders coming out on top 28 to 21. Big performances from junior Beau Bisharat and senior Cole Brownholtz, allowed Jesuit’s football team to come out on top.

On Oct. 31 The Grant Pacers took care of the Davis High School Blue Devils. The Pacers scored 46 points in the first quarter and coasted to an easy win. Grant is looking to cap of a perfect preseason and league campaign with a win over the Marauders this Saturday.

On the other hand, the Marauders are trying to keep their streak alive and improve to 9-1 overall. This game will be tough for the Marauders, however, because both teams share the same record in league play; furthermore, the Marauders and Pacers have the same record against common opponents at 6-0.

Both teams have a lot at stake in Saturdays battle in terms of who will win the Delta League Championship, and also the winner will get a better seed in playoffs.

This Saturday should be a battle for both the Marauders and the Pacers as they both compete for the Delta League Championship. Kick off is scheduled for 1pm with a pregame barbecue that will commence at 12:15