Hoping to hound the Huskies

Nicholas Carter, Sports Editor

On Oct. 18 Jesuit High School will take on Sheldon High School. Jesuit enters the game with a record of 5-1, whereas Sheldon is 1-5. The Marauders will be facing a weaker team than last week, when they took on The Elk Grove Thundering Herd at Levi Stadium on Oct. 10.

Jesuit wants to build on last weekend’s win over Elk Grove. It was a tough battle in which the Marauders came out on top with a final score of 42-38. They look to continue to work hard on both sides of the ball in order to prepare for section playoffs.

Junior running back Beau Bisharat is coming off a big game, and he looks to keep up with the good from from last week. He started off last weeks game strong with a big 80 yard run to set up for the Marauders first touchdown of the game.

Sheldon looks to bounce back from a tough loss last week when they took on The Davis High School Blue Devils. The final score was 49-41 with The Blue Devils coming out on top.

This should be a good opportunity for Jesuit to work on improving the flaws of their last game. A major problem the Marauders had last friday was that they committed too many turnovers. This will be a key thing to improve on if Jesuit wants to do well in the playoffs. The two teams are on opposite ends of the standing, Jesuit is tied for first with Grant at a record of 3-0 in league, while Sheldon is dead last with a record of 0-3 in league play.

The Varsity game is scheduled to start at 1pm, at Jesuit High School’s Loyola Field. It will be key for the Marauders to dictate the pace of the game. This will allow Jesuit to play their style of football, and to tune any problems that may come up during the game.