Students look forward to week of fun

Next week, Sept. 30 through Oct. 4, is Jesuit High School’s annual Spirit Week. Students are encouraged to participate in various events in reflection of school pride. Usually before Holy Bowl, this year’s Spirit Week will serve as a platform to raise students’ energy for the upcoming Homecoming dance on Oct. 5.  

Each day, students can coordinate their attire to the day’s theme, and during lunch, there will be a different activity or game for students to get involved in. This year, students can compete in popular crowd favorites, and a new event is scheduled to be introduced this year. 

Student Body President Cole Barrett ’20 says that students can look forward to classic games, a signature in the Jesuit tradition. 

“[We] plan on bringing back dodgeball this year,” Cole said. “You can expect … [the] watermelon race, belly flop and boat race, [and] powerball.” 

Cole also enjoys Spirit Week because of the camaraderie of the students and hopes to continue making the events a positive experience. 

“Spirit Week is usually pretty hyped, and people always have a smile on their face during the lunch activities, and I hope we can continue that,” Cole said. 

Intramurals Coordinator Dev Shokar ’20 is excited to announce that the student council is going to change some things up for added excitement. 

“We are going to do an inflatable obstacle course which should be much more funny and lives up to the creativity that Jesuit has to offer,” Dev said.

Student Activities Coordinator Jack Minor ’20 hopes the events of the week will be memorable and enjoyable for freshmen as well as inspire them for their future time at Jesuit. 

“We hope that the younger classes can see the Spirit Week and remember it, and they can pass it on,” Jack said. “We’ve been doing this for a while, and each year, for me, it’s been a ton of fun, and I just hope it stays fun.” 

All are invited to join the fun next week.