Rocking around the Christmas Tree Lane

Although Jesuit High School students regularly hear about Christmas Tree Lane (CTL), many have no idea what CTL is and why Jesuit puts on the show every year.

CTL is a major fundraiser event hosted annually by Jesuit. The fundraiser was the Loyola Guild’s 62nd Annual Holiday Event.

“The fashion show is a well-orchestrated theatrical production which includes dancing and modeling amidst a fabulous holiday set and music,” said student model Benjamin Miner ’19.

CTL allows members of the Jesuit community to watch their loved ones participate in a fashion show, skit or dance. The money raised from CTL benefits students who receive financial aid.

“We have CTL because it is a fun tradition which kicks off the holiday season very well,” said student model Jack Mumm ’19. “It also directly benefits Jesuit students and is a great way to support the school.”

Seniors from Jesuit and Saint Francis High School can participate in CTL, and the fundraiser helps foster a great bonding experience for students from both schools.

“Students should participate because it is an amazing way to get more involved with the school while meeting some new people,” Jack said. “Students can even meet and spend time with girls from Saint Francis.”

Participation in CTL proved rewarding for many of the students we interviewed. Stepping outside of one’s comfort zone, making new friends, and dancing with mom were just a few of the experiences highlighted.