Big Red back for round two

Spirits are high as five seed Jesuit High School prepares to clash with four seed Granite Bay High School this Friday, November 9th at 7 P.M. at GBHS. When the two teams met earlier this year, the Grizzlies came out on top 27-12.

On Friday, the Marauders will face an even tougher challenge: an opponent’s cheering section and the biting tension of a win-or-go home situation. However, the Marauders are ready after coming off a 49-7 dominating performance against twelve seed Woodcreek High School.

The game weighs heavy in the minds of seniors who have felt the kryptonite effect from GBHS, unable to beat them in their last five meetings.

“This is an important game for us seniors because we haven’t beat them in our years in high school,” said lineman Carlos Lopez ’19. “Last time, it was a super close game. We are determined to win this year against them.”

Coaches and players have their minds set on continuing their playoff run, which means defeating GBHS.

“We will continually work to play with a degree of discipline,” said Coach Marlon Blanton. “Our mindset is no matter who we play we will be ready.”

Jesuit’s star players have stepped into the spotlight in these last few games. Cornerback/running back Isaiah Rutherford ’19 and wide receiver Kendric Bailey ’19 have combined for 700 plus yards on offense in the last four games.

“We know our game plan, and we know what we need to do to win,” said Kendric. “We just can’t let the hype overcome us.”

The game is the most important of the season for the Marauders and will require full attendance and a Galley Crew that is going. So show up and show out as the Big Red looks to continue their playoff run.

Follow The Plank on Twitter @jhsplank to receive in game updates as the Marauders take on the Grizzlies tomorrow at 7 P.M..