JHS Plank

Renowned athlete

4-star Outside Linebacker Laiatu Latu ‘19 has his eyes on the prize during introductions.

Jesuit High School Carmichael

Jesuit High School Carmichael

Laiatu Latu ’19 is one of the most recruited athletes in Jesuit High School’s senior class, having received offers to play Division One collegiate football at over 20 NCAA programs across the country.

Laiatu, who plays outside linebacker, is very excited about his last season playing for Jesuit and about his future as a collegiate athlete.

“I’m looking forward to making it one of the best seasons Jesuit has had, and I’m looking forward to winning a section title with my team,” said Laiatu. “I’m looking forward to becoming a better football player and to experience the brotherhood in a college football team.”

Laiatu has worked hard to earn the opportunity to play in the Polynesian Bowl, a premier all-star football game featuring the world’s elite high school players of Polynesian heritage and other ancestries.

“The Poly Bowl means getting close to my roots, and it couldn’t be held in a better place than the islands of Hawaii,” said Laiatu. “Also, [it means] being able to play the sport I love while representing my heritage with other players who are just like me.”

Standing at 6 feet, 5 inches and weighing in at 250 pounds, Laiatu makes playing football look easy. In reality, a great deal of determination, hard work, and passion for the game has brought him success.

“He’s one of our hardest workers,” said Coach Jonathan Isaac. “He’s a senior leader. [He] hits it hard in the weight room. All around, he’s definitely a student of the game, and he has all the physical tools.”

His incredible athletic ability is not the only thing that has helped make him a desirable recruit. Laiatu’s experience and leadership abilities helped him stand out as a player.

“Latu is a great teammate, always putting his team before himself and motivating us,” said wide receiver Spencer Vigil ’19. “On defense, you know he’s always got his side of the field covered, and you know he’s just a great guy to be around because of his high energy.”

Laiatu’s success is a perfect example of the dedication and hard work required to play sports at the Division One collegiate level. His strong work ethic, leadership, and team skills have set him up for success in his athletic future.

• Renowned athlete

Features

Man for all jobs

• Renowned athlete

Arts

Who is the elephant man?

• Renowned athlete

Features

New set of eyes

• Renowned athlete

Features

Reflection of a Jesuit education

• Renowned athlete

Features

Committed to the larger mission

• Renowned athlete

Features

Where we walk

• Renowned athlete

Features

Open to growth

• Renowned athlete

Features

Blessing in disguise

• Renowned athlete

Arts

And the award goes to…

• Features

Mojo in motion