JHS Plank

Season of growth

Back to Article
Back to Article

Season of growth

Jesuit Communications

Jesuit Communications

Jesuit Communications

Jesuit High School’s Varsity Football team had a very successful year, making it to the semi-final game of the Division One San Joaquin Section. They finished the season with a record of ten wins and three losses, going undefeated in all league games.

“Obviously no one likes losing, but overall it was a great season,” said quarterback Hank Harvego ’19.

The season ended in a loss to Folsom High School. While this was disappointing, there are many things to be happy about for Jesuit football players.  

The season could have very easily been derailed as many players were injured, but players stepped up and performed in tough situations. The team grew together as one, becoming very close.

“I’m proud of how the players bounced back and grew together and relied on one another,” said Head Coach Marlon Blanton.

The team was able to bond through a variety of events and create an unbreakable bond.

“[Some] of my favorite moments of the season are the team dinners and team chapel,” said Hank.

Two standout performers this season were linebacker Jason Gallagher ’18 and running back/defensive back Isaiah Rutherford ‘18. Jason led the team in tackles with 127 total and broke his own record for most solo tackles in a season with 75. Isaiah led the team in rushing, racking up 1323 yards and 14 touchdowns, as well as two interceptions.  

This year was important for the Seniors as this was their last year playing at Jesuit.

“I love playing football for Jesuit and Coach Blanton,” said Jason. “It has been the best time of my life. I am going to miss it dearly, every single thing about it.”

It was a great season for our boys and every single one of them should be proud and hold their heads high.

• Season of growth

Sports

Can Jesuit defeat the Huskies hype?

• Season of growth

Sports

Long run over the cross country season

• Season of growth

Sports

Shark in the Water

• Season of growth

Student Life

Rocking around the Christmas Tree Lane

• Season of growth

Sports

Jesuit Football 2018: a visual recap

• Season of growth

Features

Strawn’s Return to Jesuit

• Season of growth

Student Life

Same mission but new position

• Season of growth

Sports

Marauders bounce back after rough start at the WildWest Shootout

• Season of growth

Student Life

Voting for the first time

• Season of growth

Sports

New season, new challenges for varsity basketball