The student news site of Jesuit High School

JHS Plank

One to Watch

JHS Media Team

JHS Media Team

Isaiah Rutherford ’19 runs sprints, leads fast breaks, and is a player whose work on the gridiron has caught the eye of many collegiate football coaches, causing them to rush to see him play.

One of Jesuit High School’s top athletes and an outstanding football player, Isaiah has been drawing the attention of many D1 colleges. He is currently being scouted by colleges all over the nation, ranging from the University of Southern California to the University of Alabama.

“I wasn’t surprised about the offers; I was just shocked that [they] came before junior year,” said Isaiah. “I didn’t believe it until I took a picture with Coach Saban [Alabama’s Head Football Coach] and everybody was tweeting about it.”

Isaiah starts on the Varsity Football Team at running back, cornerback, kick returner, and punt returner. He has goals beyond this year, some of which are ones many dreamt about as kids.

“My goals for this year and next year are to win a section title and hopefully state,” said Isaiah. “In five years I see myself finishing college and hopefully making it to the NFL.”

Isaiah plans on further refining his skills this season and in the offseason with Jesuit Athletic Trainer Coach Jay Nacionales.

“Where Isaiah goes is all dependent on his work this next year,” said Coach Jay. “He can play anywhere he gets an offer from. He already has the size and speed to play at the next level. He just needs to put on a little more muscle to pick up a starting job as a freshman in college.”

Isaiah is an extraordinary football player and a blur on the field, so next time you attend a Jesuit football game, keep your eye out for speedy number 34.

• One to Watch

Features

Roadrunner at Jesuit

• One to Watch

Features

Food drive: Let’s Go

• One to Watch

Features

Changing sides

• One to Watch

Features

Freshman of the fall play

• One to Watch

Features

Declassified: lunch line survival guide

• One to Watch

Features

Farewell to Warren

• One to Watch

Features

From a Jesuit Marauder to a USA Rugby Star

• One to Watch

Features

May 2017 Senior Edition Download

• One to Watch

Features

Giving his all

• One to Watch

Features

Wrestling to the road of success

One to Watch