In the spirit of giving

Jesuit High School’s Men’s and Boy’s Winter Coat and Shoe Drive began on Nov. 28 and will continue up until Dec. 9. This annual event allows Jesuit students and their families to contribute to the push to help the poor in the Sacramento area.

The drive is put on by Jesuit’s Christian Service Department, led by Freshman and Sophomore Christian Service Coordinator Ms. Sara Brabec and perpetuated by a team of students. They will be collecting new or used coats, jackets, and shoes in collection areas set up near both the gym and the Jacob Lane entrance.

The drive will be open to donations in the mornings before school begins throughout the two week period of collection. After the last collection day, all donations will be taken to Loaves and Fishes where they will be given out to Sacramento’s homeless and underprivileged.

The Jesuit Winter Coat and Shoe Drive can be very helpful to people in need in the Sacramento region. An extra coat or pair of shoes can be extremely beneficial to a person who may be out in the cold for most of the winter.

“Having a warm coat to wear and dry shoes can really make a difference in the quality of a person’s life,” said Ms. Brabec.

This winter, be sure to grab those old and outgrown coats and shoes out of the closet and drop them off at the Winter Coat and Shoe Drive.