Holy Bowl hype

With the night rally on Friday, and the Holy Bowl on Saturday, excitement is running through Jesuit’s veins.

This Friday Sept. 10, the students of Jesuit High School and St. Francis High School will come together in Jesuit’s own Fr. Barry Gymnasium for the second annual night rally.

This year, the Executive Council is hoping to further improve the rally to get everyone excited for Holy Bowl. Food trucks, games, and music will be available from 7-8pm on the senior lawn, followed by the rally from 8-9:30pm.

“The goal of the night is to hype up the Galley Crew,” said Publicity Coordinator Billy Daly ‘17. “We want to have a Galley Crew for Holy Bowl that knows the cheers, and is ready to cheer until they lose their voices.”  

The goal of this event is to prepare Jesuit and its sister school to come out in full force to cheer on the Jesuit Varsity Football team.

Jesuit, now (1-1) after a tough loss to the Folsom High School Bulldogs, is ready to face the Christian Brothers High School Falcons, who are (0-1) after a 39-6 loss to Manteca High School. The players are pumped for the game, but they do not underestimate Christian Brothers.

“The team will be preparing no different from any other team we have played this year,” said quarterback Calvin Brownholtz ‘17. “Personally, I’m more excited than nervous because it’s the biggest crowd I’ll play in front of all year and it’s my last Holy Bowl.”

Calvin and his teammates are confident in their abilities, and they want all of their fellow Marauders to come support them at the second annual night rally and the big game itself.