Working through the conflicts

On August 24th, a large crowd consisting mainly of Jesuit High School Marauders and Saint Francis High School  Troubadours gathered together in the Jesuit Drama Black Box for the 50th Fall Play Information Meeting. Almost all the rows were full as Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, and even a few brave Freshman took their seats.

After introducing a new logo to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Jesuit Drama, the lights dimmed as Director Mr. Ed Trafton ‘84 took his audience on a journey through the history of Jesuit’s Drama department.

Trafton then revealed the new Fall Play: “44 Plays for 44 Presidents”. He described the performance as one where the cast and crew perform 44 different 30 second to two minute plays depicting the past 44 presidents of the United States.

Jesuit will be adding a 45th segment added to depict the upcoming 2016 election, with an egocentric battle between Clinton and Trump. However, after November eighth, the first week of the show, the 45th play will shift to the candidate who reigns supreme.

“It’s just such a controversial election,” Mr. Trafton said. “There’s just so many different conflicting opinions on who the president should be and what a president should be. We thought it would be interesting to do a play about it.”

If students are thinking of auditioning for the play, they must find a one minute excerpt of a speech to perform.

For students auditioning for the play, Mr. Trafton gives this piece of advice, “Choose a piece that you care about so that when you speak it moves the audience. We’re not an obstacle, we want you to be at your best because if you’re at your best, we’re at our best.”