Jesuit’s memorable signing day

A dream has come true for 13 Jesuit High School  seniors, who have just signed to 11 different colleges for five sports on National Signing Day, Feb. 4.

After four years of hard work in the classroom and in their respective sports, these 13 seniors have chosen what college they will attend for the next four years.

Over the past few years Jesuit has had an average of 10-15 student athletes sign on National Signing Day.

“Our high numbers compared to other schools in the region is a testament to our student-athletes and their achievements both in athletics, but most importantly in the classroom,” said Athletics Director Mr. Chris Fahey.

Jesuit has had a rich history of sending large number of student athletes to play collegiate sports, a trend, which should continue for at least the next few years.

Seniors Luc Barbe (Westpoint, soccer), Grant Bringham (University of Washington, crew), Matt Carnefix (San Jose State, soccer), Kori Collins (University of Reno Nevada, football), Tanner Dodson (University of California at Berkeley, baseball), Gonzalo Garcia (Westmont College, soccer), Mychael Goudreaux (Azusa-Pacific University, baseball), Isaac Lessard (San Diego State University, football), Keith Lewis (University of Washington, crew), Chris Loeb (Oregon State University, baseball), Miguel Martinez (University of California at Berkeley, track & field), and Michael Titherington (Arizona State University, track & field) are the young men, who signed from Jesuit.

“It is a relief to know where I will be spending the next four years, and [the University of Washington] gives me the ability to grow and develop in my sport at a strong university,” said Grant Bringham.

All Jesuit commits are extremely happy with their accomplishments and cannot wait to continue and develop in college.

“It feels great. [I have] been working towards this goal for a long time and for it to be official and done is a huge blessing. I am really excited for what [Arizona State University] has in store for me while I am there,” said Michael Titherington.

Around 12-15 more students should be committing to play a collegiate sport in the coming months, with rugby players also being tagged to play in college, but for now it was a monumental day in the lives of the 13 athletes who signed on Feb. 4th.