A true test

Jesuit High School had an impressive home win over Monterey Trail High School last Friday, with a final score of 63 to 49. However, the Marauders now face a bigger challenge with Pleasant Grove High School.

“I feel like the game was very close last time we played them, closer than the score would indicate,” said senior Team Manager Liam Galane, “If we get a big galley crew on Friday and we play well, we can take them down.”

The Galley crew for home games has been sizable for the past few games, consisting of mostly freshmen and sophomores. However, a bigger and more diverse crowd is hopefully what the team will be greeted by on Friday night, due to the seriousness of the game.

“It’s a must win if we want to win league,” said senior varsity player Isaiah Bailey, “We’ve got to stop Marquise Chris, and it’s definitely one of our biggest games. We would appreciate a large crowd for support.”

Despite the need for a win, the team is overall confident and see their improvement as a whole. The teams performance for the last couple games has held true and has produced several wins.

“We are striving to find a winning streak, by incorporating our new method of pushing the tempo of the game,” said senior varsity player Anthony Simon, ”we have been able to successfully compete and win other games.”

Anthony’s confidence not only proves the he and the team have the highest goals for the season, but that they know that they have the skills and the chemistry to achieve those goals.

“We have all formed great spiritual bonds and we are starting to play as a successful and collective unit,” said Anthony.