JHS Plank

Carrying momentum to the next game

Back to Article
Back to Article

Carrying momentum to the next game

Colin O'Donnell '20 | The Plank

Colin O'Donnell '20 | The Plank

Colin O'Donnell '20 | The Plank

With the season well underway and with the Jesuit High School Marauders Varsity Football Team on a three-game win streak, fans and students alike should be excited about this Friday’s match against Cosumnes Oaks High School.   

Jesuit enters the game with a 3-2 record and momentum on their side after defeating Christian Brothers High School, Rio Americano High School, and Franklin High School in their last three games. Cosumnes Oaks comes in with a 3-3 record after defeating Pleasant Grove High School last week.

For the Marauders, this season has been an eventful one. They’ve battled injuries, losing several players for the season, but after they won the Holy Bowl, they haven’t lost since.

The recent success that the Marauders have enjoyed hasn’t surprised anyone. Players are putting in the extra work that’s needed. To win a game like this one, it all comes down to which team is better prepared, and Jesuit Linebacker Cade Brownholtz ’19 has his own routine to get ready for each game.

“Really, it starts the day after the previous game we just played, whether it’s a Saturday practice with the team or film study on my own,” said Cade.

With the way the Marauders have been playing in recent games, Jesuit fans are confident that Jesuit will defeat their Delta League opponent. Jesuit Wide Receiver Nate Lewis ’21 agrees that his team has a good chance, but only if the players follow their game plan.

“My expectation for the game is that if we execute properly and play to our full potential, then we will be successful,” said Nate.

If Jesuit wants to extend their win streak to four games, they will need a strong performance from their quarterback. Hank Harvego ’19, the man behind every snap, is ready to lead his team to victory.

“As the quarterback, I try to stay level-headed and make sure everyone is where they’re supposed to be and doing their jobs,” said Hank.  

The Marauders are looking to win this game and build momentum as they make a push toward the playoffs.

Watch the varsity team on Friday as they take on Cosumnes Oaks at Cosumnes Oaks High School at 7:15 p.m.

• Carrying momentum to the next game

Sports

Long run over the cross country season

• Carrying momentum to the next game

Sports

Shark in the Water

• Carrying momentum to the next game

Sports

Jesuit Football 2018: a visual recap

• Carrying momentum to the next game

Sports

Marauders bounce back after rough start at the WildWest Shootout

• Carrying momentum to the next game

Sports

New season, new challenges for varsity basketball

• Carrying momentum to the next game

Sports

Open season on the Grizzlies

• Carrying momentum to the next game

Sports

Big Red back for round two

• Carrying momentum to the next game

Features

Renowned athlete

• Carrying momentum to the next game

Sports

Take down of the Timberwolves  

• Carrying momentum to the next game

Sports

Taking on the Timberwolves