JHS Plank

Battle under the lights

Philip Roina '21 | Plank

Philip Roina '21 | Plank

Under temporary lights at the Hanson-McClain Advisors Stadium, the Jesuit High School Varsity football team will make history by playing cross street rival Rio Americano in the first night home game in school history.

After suffering a pair of tough losses to start the season, the Marauders defeated the Christian Brothers High School Falcons last week by a score of 46-7, with 33 of those points coming in the first half. After this impressive victory, Jesuit’s team seeks to build momentum going into league play with an equally impressive win against Rio.

“Our team goal is to not let Rio score any points,” said Running Back Cade Cunningham ’19. “Our offense is looking for no turnovers and wants to score fifty points.”

Hosting a night football game is not an easy task. There has been an incredible amount of effort put into this game by the Jesuit athletics office, and students need to be on their best behavior to ensure the possibility of events like this in the future.

“Students need to be very respectful and mindful of the community around them in order to show that we are capable of having these types of events,” said Athletic Director Greg Harcos ’89.

Though students need to be mindful and respectful of our neighbors,the Galley Crew can still cheer on the team with the same energy and spirit we saw last week at the Holy Bowl.

“I hope that the galley crew shows up in full force,” said Cheerleader Ben Miner ’19. “The Battle for American River Drive is a long awaited event and it is important that we get this win to show the Rowdy Raiders how we Marauders do it in the big leagues.”

The game is sold out, but if you were able to get a ticket, come out and support the boys on Friday; Kickoff is at 7 p.m.

• Battle under the lights

Sports

Carmichael Night Lights: a night to remember

• Battle under the lights

Sports

Flying past the Falcons

• Battle under the lights

Sports

Reputation to uphold

• Battle under the lights

Student Life

Ending on the right track

• Battle under the lights

Sports

Grizzlies hand Jesuit second loss

• Battle under the lights

Freshman Focus

Getting started on the right track

• Battle under the lights

Sports

Gearing up for the Grizzlies

• Battle under the lights

Sports

Jesuit suffers lopsided defeat

• Battle under the lights

Sports

Prepping for a dogfight

• Battle under the lights

Features

Where we walk