Jesuit takes on Davis in the Cap Classic

The Jesuit High School Marauders take on the Davis High School Blue Devils in the Cap Classic at Capital Christian this Saturday, September 26, at 7:30 pm.

Jesuit enters this game with a record of 7-2-1.  The players are prepared for this game after their recent trip to Portland, where they played Grant High School with a record of 4-2-0 and Lincoln High School with a record of 5-2-0.

“You need to have good competition to get to the next level, and Davis-Jesuit is a high level game,” said Head Jesuit Soccer Coach Paul Rose.

Davis has been known to be a challenging and intense opponent for Jesuit. However, after having four games in the past seven days, the Marauders have worked hard to prove Jesuit’s prestige.

“[The team] might be a little bit tired, but we play soccer. Half the game is pure fitness,”said Jesuit Midfielder Casey Bravo ‘17. “[So] if we [can] stay mentally focused, our bodies will go along with everything we do.”

The players are ready to dig deep and do their best against the Blue Devils. This year the Blue Devils have a record of 4-4-1, and Jesuit intends to add a loss to their record.

“We’re mentally prepared to come into this game that we should have full chances of winning. Knowing how Davis plays, there’s no reason why we can’t win,”  Casey Bravo ‘17 said.

With full confidence, Jesuit knows what they have to do to pull through this game. Their experience playing together so far has taught them valuable lessons.

“It’s showed us to keep playing the entire game, and not let anything happen to our focus,” Casey Bravo ‘17 said.

Regardless of how this game goes, Coach Rose knows that the important point to take away is experience from each game,.

“Most of our games have been pretty challenging, and I think that is good because it helps us grow as a team,” Coach Rose said.

Jesuit’s journey this weekend will continue their growth towards becoming stronger soccer players.