Jesuit hopes to rebound while opening new stadium

On September 4th at 5 P.M., Jesuit High School (11) kicks off vs unranked Yuba City High School for Jesuit’s home opener. Jesuit looks to recover from their loss last Friday in the season opener against Granite Bay.

Friday’s game marks the first varsity football game in the new Hanson McClain Advisors Stadium. It is also “Break the Record Night,” with Jesuit students attempting to break single-game attendance records.

After 52 years of trudging around on an uneven grass field, the players and coaches at Jesuit are excited to break in the new all-weather turf.

“Personally, I am looking forward to an energetic, enthusiastic full house for the first game in the newly renovated stadium,” said Coach Jonathan Isaac, an assistant for the varsity football team.

The new stadium will administer extra motivation and excitement, which will help the players with an urgent goal to earn their first win of the 2015 season.  

Although the players and coaches are disappointed after coming up short during last week’s game against Granite Bay High School, they are  ready to avenge their loss.

“We are looking forward to nine more games this season,” Coach Isaac said.

The mood in the locker room has changed for the better since the loss, as expressed by leader running back, linebacker, and kicker Lucas Thayer ‘16.

“Everyone has picked up the intensity to ensure a win this Friday, and if everyone focuses on their job, we should play well,” Lucas said.