Marauders win sections

Saturday Nov. 15 at Woodcreek High School’s pool, spectators witnessed the Sac-Joaquin Section Final for Division 1 Water Polo. The Jesuit High School Marauders faced the Davis High School Blue Devils. The story did not start here, however. The journey was long and difficult for the Marauders.

The first round of section playoffs was held at Johansen High School. The Marauders faced Franklin High School, where Jesuit came out with a 19-6 victory, pushing them into round two. The second and third rounds were held at Tokay High School. The second round was played against Lincoln High School with a 20-9 victory for Jesuit. Third round was against St. Mary’s High School, who handed the Marauders their first loss earlier this season. The Marauders fought hard and came out over St. Mary’s with an 11-6 victory.

The Marauders, after fighting through three rounds to make it into finals, now faced their huge rival: Davis High School. The game, held at Woodcreek High School, was a game of high tension. Both teams are regarded as water polo powerhouses in the area, and the game was very emotional for the Marauders. The previous season saw the same finalists, Jesuit and Davis, but it was Davis who emerged victorious. The Marauders stepped into the pool with vengeance in their hearts. The Blue Devils started the game off strong, holding the Marauders to a 3-1 start in favor of the Blue Devils at the end of the first quarter. The Marauders came back in the second quarter and played hard throughout the game. The Marauders would fight a difficult three quarters after their rough first quarter start and find themselves victorious. The Jesuit High School Marauders sealed their section title with a 9-7 victory over their rivals, the Davis High School Blue Devils.