Thrashing the Tiberwolves

On Nov. 4 the Jesuit High School Marauders took another step forward in soccer as they battled it out on the pitch against the Woodcreek High School Timberwolves. The Marauders wore their yellow kit against the  Timberwolves in the first section playoff game.  Before the first whistle to start the game, a calm enveloped the field, a calm before the storm to come.

The Marauders had a sluggish start, but in a short span they had three goals. With the upper hand, the Marauders forced up their lead to 6-0 at halftime. These six goals were scored by senior Matt Carnefix , senior Nicholas Kolokotronis , senior Graham Honig, two by senior Diego Buenrostro , and junior Matt Glass . The game looked good for the Marauders going into the second half. The Marauders excellent passing directly resulted in three of the goals.

The second half consisted of a lot of possession for the Marauders, which causes the Timberwolves to have to chase the ball.  The Marauders scored their last goal in the 20th minute by Diego again. A veil of ease surrounded the Marauders as they put in the three sophomores Kallum Gillet, Zach Sievers, and Tyler Moss, who were pulled up from the JV red team. The team played well together and the sophomores interacted well with the juniors and seniors players. However, a moment of lapse occurred and the Timberwolves scored in the final play of the game. This goal wrapped up the game with a 7-1 victory for the Marauders.

The team is looking forward to their next game on Nov. 6 against the Bella Vista Broncos in the second round of the section playoffs. Come out and support our Marauders as they make their way towards their goal of being the section champions.